Acrylic coatings are characterized by excellent mechanical and chemical resistance and ease of application. Therefore, acrylic coatings are suitable for both artisanal and industrial cycles on various types of products. They are especially recommended for clear or dyed open-pore cycles to achieve natural effect on wood or unfinished wood effect, a popular aesthetic trend in contemporary decor and design.
Acrylic base and top coats offer maximum resistance to yellowing on light-colored or bleached woods.
Ilva research and development labs, which have long been committed to the study of nanotechnology applications in the wood coating sector, have developed N-Line, a specific line of nanotechnology products for various industrial applications. Nanotechnology provides levels of scratch and abrasion resistance that are difficult to obtain with traditional technologies, while at the same time, leaving the aesthetic quality of top coats unaltered.
Ilva offers a complete range of UV cured products, suitable for all industrial application requirements, allowing significantly reduced drying times and minimal solvent emissions.
UV Base Coats
UV base-coats range includes:
• UV base coats for reverse roller application sealers which are normally used as preparation products on flat-panel painting lines, with varying characteristics for drying speed, sanding and transparency;
• UV base-coats for adhesion to printed paper
• Quick-drying intermediate or polyester UV products in pigmented or clear versions providing high filling results.
• UV base coats for spray application for all end-use sectors.As an example, products for the painting of cabinet doors are characterized by excellent pore design and sandability.
Furthermore, Ilva offers a complete range of products for the painting of profiles, baseboards and wooden floors, including NO VOC products, with almost 100% dry residue
UV topcoat range includes:
• UV topcoats for roller coater application, normally used to paint the inside of furniture and structures;
• UV topcoats for spray or curtain application, available in both clear and pigmented versions, with varying degrees of gloss.
Ilva also offers a range of base and topcoats for vacuum application.